Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Alphabet Madness
We missed out on putt putt in Denver for Grayson's birthday so we tried it this past weekend instead. He had a couple of friends join him and we had pizza and cupcakes after. The boys got into a frosting war and then a water fight which Grayson declared the best part of the day (so maybe putt putt is overrated).
School is going well. Matalley's teacher appreciates Matalley's personality which is awesome. The first week of school I was in the pick-up lane and her teacher encouraged Matalley to get in my car (she spotted me at the end of the line). Matalley first denied it was me and upon further encouragement (I was waving to her), Matalley said, "Well, I don't want to walk that far."
Most homework for Matalley has been writing. As I was correcting her on writing an "e" with proper form (leaving the garage and going around the garage instead of starting at the tail and swirling in), Matalley told me, "Mom, we all do things differently and that is okay. We are unique and God loves us."
She also is trying to help Christian be good. Everyday she comes home with a story of her disappointment in Christian's efforts. I feel sorry for Christian.
Grayson is bored with review work but reports lots of fun at recess. He also has gotten in trouble a few times for getting out of line to eat lunch with his friend that is in another class. It makes me sad that he can't sit with whomever he wants and yet, frustrated that he chooses getting in trouble over just sitting with classmates. Ridiculous.
Lola is struggling with some criers in her class. This week she told me she wanted to go to a different class. She was fine at her door until this little boy and girl both started crying and that was it for Lola. She made a bee line to the 4 year old classroom (where Matalley was last year) and asked if she could stay with Ms. Staci instead. Ms. Staci agreed to keep her during chapel time (so thankful for friends) and then Lola was fine the rest of the day.
Without the Junior League, I have a lot more time to do fun mom things. I tried making alphabet pretzels with the girls. Lola did not like the stickiness of the dough and Matalley got frustrated forming letters so I don't know that we'll be doing it again any time soon but Grayson loved the snack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment