We made it to the fair this year! Last year I bought tickets but we forgot to go (well the girls and I went for the free part and Matalley was the star of some shows or at least took a picture with a monkey), but poor Grayson and Matt missed out. Anyway, this year I had my one on one time with Lola during the free portion. Lola told me she wanted to ride a horse. Instead we pet the cow.
Then we watched an animal show with a tiny monkey
Later we went back with the big kids and had our fill of fried food and entertainment. We saw a germ show (I LOVED that one!), a dare devil act, a grizzly bear, a logger competition, a dairy cow being milked, lots of animals, 4-H exhibits, rides, and more food.
I had to get a shot of the kids in the 4-H wing. The tri-state fair is not quite like I remembered the Arapahoe County fair as a kid but I'm hoping we can at least enter a project next year...just have to be more on top of things in August for this to happen.
Grayson was the star of a few shows this year. That's him in the the red checkered top to the left of center (you get what you get (with an i-phone) and you don't throw a fit).
He was also a helper in the "Thank a Farmer Magic Show." She teaches me something new every year.
The kids each got to pick one ride. Matalley loved the ferris wheel and Grayson enjoyed being a hamster on water.
We left after bedtime and with too much grease on our stomachs. It's good the fair is just one time a year!
No comments:
Post a Comment