I am thoroughly enjoying my one on one time with Lola, though it might be creating some issues for Lola. She now sings a song she made up entitled, "Mommy is my best-friend." While I love hearing her sweet voice sing it, I also know she has become quite attached which is making it difficult to leave her at school or with a babysitter...she puts out her bottom lip and starts crying or just starts shaking her head no while slowly backing away. I know it's a process but funny that it is happening at 2.5 years instead of 18 months. Sweet Lola wants to be just like big sis and has tried multiple times to go to the 4 year old pre-k classroom (where Matalley was last year) instead of the 2 year old classroom. She also might have Matalley's fashion sense...
Matalley is flourishing at school and becoming more confident in her school clothing choices. (see below). I am allowing her to express herself within reason. For instance, I did not allow her to wear her see through ballet skirt despite the fact that she put on shorts leggings underneath. This Christmas velvet dress with black taffeta skirt is a little too fancy for school but she paired it with red leggings and some multi-colored ankle sandals to dress it down.
She likes to repeat little tidbits of words that trick you or tell you which of her site words are hiding in other words ("To is hiding in Stop"). While we were driving on the highway, she saw a motorcycle and asked how in the world he got his luggage to the airport? And then when we were coming up with our "to do" list for the weekend, she said, "go to Mr. Gatti's." It didn't make the list. I love her self-confidence and desire to be a friend to everyone. She is definitely a teacher's pet and will point out her lack of getting in trouble to Grayson, especially on days that he may have gotten in trouble, "I NEVER get written in my folder."
Grayson has struggled with talking in class and one incidence of sword fighting with pencils. He tends to be a little social. I'm hoping it's just because he's tired and bored. Sleep has been lacking since our 4th of July trip to Colorado. He started having night terrors again and was waking up at least once a night with insomnia. We tried lots of things, going to bed earlier, no t.v., lights on, an alarm clock, etc. This past week, we went back to a noise machine and so far it seems to be working...or at least I haven't gotten up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and trip over Grayson's body lying on the floor. Anyway, this past week of sleep filled nights (including sleeping in until 8 on Saturday which hasn't happened since he was 2) also coincided with no mentions of talking in his school folder. YAY! He is still my sensitive little boy, which I love and appreciate, especially in how well he treats his sisters and how helpful he is at home. Last week a homeless woman came into church for some coffee as Grayson was getting some water. She told him that he wasn't welcome in the church and needed to leave. Poor Grayson was in tears even after I explained that she was most likely hearing voices and talking to herself. Matalley was ready to fight her so at least he had someone in his posse to rescue him.
We are in soccer season for Matalley and basketball for Grayson. Practices coincide with family dinner so we have to be creative to make sure we are all around the table. We also said no to boyscouts since meetings are during the dinner hour too. Grayson is bummed he won't go camping and fishing every weekend (he doesn't believe me when I say it is really more just meetings and maybe one camping trip). I know it will be harder to maintain our family time as they get older and more involved. He is learning to play the drums and Matalley is in choir. I might force Lola to play to the guitar so that we can have a rock band...surely they have college scholarships for rock bands?!?! I know Matalley could make them look the part and probably already has the outfits planned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment