Sunday, February 23, 2014

Busy Friday


Friday was an eventful day for us. First, I woke up with a tummy bug. When Matalley got home from school, she asked why I swallowed a bug. She also lost her first tooth at school. It happened in gym so I'm sure she received lots of attention, including a trip to the nurse's office where she received a tooth locket to store her lost tooth. The tooth had been loose for a few days and Matalley tried everything, including eating Chocolate ice cream like one of our library books suggested. We fielded many questions about losing teeth, such as "will it hurt?, will it bleed? when will it come out?" So, the tooth came out in a timely fashion just before the weekend.
We also found a new owner for Abbey and sent the pup on her journey to Waco to live with a college friend and her family. Grayson was quite distraught and spent a long time petting her Friday morning before school. He removed her I.D. tag and made a necklace for himself with it. He also put a little penguin key-chain on Abbey's neck and told me to tell the new owners not to remove the penguin so that Abbey would always have something to remember us by. Now Abbey was a sweet dog and put up with the kids' shenanigans but 2 dogs and 4 kids is a zoo. Deacon is much too old and sickly to find a new owner even though he isn't as friendly with the kids so Abbey drew the short stick (or based on the attention I think her new owners will give her, she's probably the luckier of the 2). Thank you to Bobo and Pops for giving her a ride to Waco.
We've been avid Olympic game watchers and so the kids have converted our home into an olympic facility. Ice Dancing, speed skating, bobsledding, and hockey games are abundant despite my request to take it outside.  After near misses with Millie's head and the mini basketball puck, my wall took a knee and received a good size hole. Blerg! We also watched Cool Runnings and Miracle. I spent a lot of time convincing Grayson he could not repeat the mantra from Cool Runnings "I see pride. I see power. I see a bad ass mother who don't take nothing from anyone."

Millie is awake more and more each day.  We journeyed to church this weekend for another outing...so far so good.






No comments: