Saturday, March 15, 2014

Smiley Photos

So in the past 3 weeks, I gained a smiley baby.  She has practiced and practiced and practiced and it is oh so cute.  Of course, I haven't gotten a really good picture but I tried.


 I used this one on her baby announcement that went out this week
 And this one too...thank you photo store
We are back in the groove of life or trying to find our new normal. I get caught up on laundry only to have another load waiting. Cooking dinner will be tricky but not impossible.  Getting everyone to sleep on time may never happen.  I would LOVE to get caught up on sleep so I'm not so cranky.  And also so that I can think better (I've chosen sleep over updating the blog as you can see).  The week before spring break was show and tell at Lola's school.  I forgot until I picked her up in the afternoon.  I asked her what she showed and telled and she happily replied, "my milk!"  Lola has also been using lots of new words.  One of her favorites is, "It's delicious!" 

Another reason I've been so scatterbrained is that I still completed my event planning job for Roots and Wings this year.  Millie was 4 1/2 weeks and we had over 600 people in attendance (I was hoping for no more than 450...just for schematics). I do have the best husband and Mother in Law...Bobo took care of the kids for me and Matt made sure I had plates. He had to drive all over town to track down a UPS truck to get them for me but he did it all without complaint and just in time for all to go perfectly.  I gave away some of the centerpieces to the kids' teachers.  Grayson told his teachers that I dyed the carnations so at open house a few days later, they asked me if I was into floral decorating or just arts and crafts in general.  I was of course a little confused until they asked me about the centerpieces.  If he's going to tell them lies, at least it made me look good (unlike when he told them I wasn't his real mom).  We also found out at open house that the new playground at school is going to be built soon.  The current playground is over 30 years old so I am very excited to see the new plans.  Matalley on the other hand is so sentimental.  She doesn't want a new playground even though the new one will have 6 more swings and multiple slides and canopies.  She cracks me up...does not like change, that girl. 

Everyone has a cold or allergies.  On Ash Wednesday, Matt was working late so I took the kids to the service at church.  All 3 of the older ones were sniffling and making lots of noise.  Matalley said, "I need a kleenex." Lola repeated (because she likes to repeat), "I need a kleenex." Grayson looked at me and said in disbelief, "Well, I don't have a kleenex."  I just was trying to make it through the service so I could receive our forehead ashes...we were all in need of immediate repentance. Thankfully Matt made it in about that time and we survived the rest of the service.  And then I tried again to get a good smiley photo of our little one...

I'll try again:)

No comments: