Lola is in the stage (or maybe she's just the type of kid) where you tell her something is going to happen and it is just fact. Like when I told her that when she moved to moved to Matalley's room, she would be a big girl and wear underwear instead of diapers. The day we moved her, she decided to potty train herself and was done with diapers (even when I tried to convince her to at least wear one at night). So, it comes as no surprise that up until her birthday she would say to people, "I'm two" and that the day of her birthday, she said, "I'm three now." She has not flubbed once...it is in her head that she is three. She might be upstaged by Jesus and her birthday falling during holy week, but she is the sweetest and most laid back little girl so it doesn't bother her. She picked Wofford to win the tournament in our Family March Madness contest solely based on how fun it was to say (she had them beating Milwaukee). I declared her the winner of the "not best" bracket. We also feel like we live in a musical because she sings ALL the time about everything. Her favorite song right now is Do you want to Build a Snowman? Hence a birthday gift of Anna and a playdress.
I constantly catch her talking to imaginary friends. And she's very content to play anything by herself (though Matalley is probably her best friend and they play a LOT of school). One day I caught her playing cars and the cars were talking to each other very politely.
Her big brother is very helpful in getting tall things down for her and reading to her (Matalley likes to read to her too but Grayson and Lola have a special bond over books). She does not like him to scare her or bring fake spiders or fake cockroaches around, and she will ask him to kill any "spider" she sees (including flies).
She doesn't mind messes but likes to wash her hands A LOT.
Well Visit Stats for three: Height at 37 inches and weight is 29.6 lbs. which is 50th%ile for both. She decided to go to school in makeup Thursday morning (from 2 to teen in one night!).
She always has the best smiles on her face...seriously happy most the time. Happy Birthday sweet Lola Kate Roller Skate. What a joy you are!

1 comment:
So true. It brought tears to my eyes because that is who she is. Such a sweat heart. A very true picture of Matalley and Grayson too.
Post a Comment