Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Retreat

We had a glorious weekend away in Colorado.  I was able to attend our church women's retreat with Millie at Glen Eyrie Castle in Colorado Springs while the other kids spent time with YiaYia and Bompa and their cousins. Millie learned to blow bubbles while we were away. Everyone at the retreat said she was the best baby...never heard a peep (not true about the silence but she was an easy traveler).
I am lucky to have such good friends to join on these weekend experiences...lots of self reflection and hopefully growth to fulfill the being God made me to be.
 We hiked around Garden of the Gods during some free time, (well I hiked and the others ran...crazy health nuts).
 I think the kids had fun too. Movies...
 Dance class...


 Swimming, books, yummy food and time with family...sounds like a great weekend to me!
Matalley and Grayson are my speed readers now and both finished chapter books within a couple of hours of the LONG trip. I'm going to have to stock up with a lot more books before the next roadtrip. At school, teachers have to stop testing at the end of the following year's level (so Matalley can only be tested for the end of 1st grade level and Grayson can only be tested for the end of 3rd grade level...I think it's stupid because then you really don't know if they are making at least a year's worth of progress but whatever.) They are both above the next year's expectations. It's good because I just looked at my calendar and we only have 4 weeks left of school...I promise not to panic but whew, this year went by quick.


No comments: