The bug made it's way through the whole family in the course of 2 weeks. Lola was the last to get it, sad thing. (Millie had it second).
Matt had it this last Wednesday so I grilled the kids' burgers for dinner. Matalley saw me and said, "Mom, you can't do a man's job!" You know that just irked me so! I explained that girls could do anything boys could do and we had a little argument about women not being as strong as men which had nothing to do with grilling burgers. Anyway, I asked her where she learned all this about what men and women could do and she said Gabby at school told her. My response, "Well don't listen to Gabby about what you can and can't do." A little while later Matalley says, "So, I'm going to tell Gabby that you said I shouldn't listen to black people." I (flabbergasted by the way) said, "NO, that is definitely not what I said." Matalley says, "Oh, okay, I shouldn't listen to BROWN people." Me, "NO, NO, NO, Matalley, quit putting words in my mouth. Just don't think you can't grill hamburgers, okay?" Who knows what she told the kids at school. I'm just thankful my end of year parent conference with her teacher was earlier that day. Her teacher said that she would love a room full of Matalleys (cue my beaming only to be cringing a few hours later over hamburgers).
We have a new baby in the family...Krissy's little boy Henry made his appearance last week and I'm so looking forward to meeting him soon. Janie is going to be a loving big sister!
We went south for Memorial Day weekend and had a mini-vacation along the way. I think the kids had fun...they got to watch a lot of The Brady Bunch (Matt got them the entire series for Christmas and they have made it through 4 seasons thus far) and the hotel had a swimming pool which is basically all they require for a good vacation (Matt and I are a little more needy apparently but the vacation was good for us as well). We spent Friday at the Perot museum
and had some cousin time with Adair.
The water feature was a big hit with the Sadlers
Matalley wants piano lessons
Lola pretend camping...she had a whole song to go with this one about being inside and outside the tent.
Millie had lots to look at (and she was happy for most of it) Someone asked me a few weeks ago where Matalley got her skinniness (yes, my feelings were slightly hurt) but I want to know where she got her muscles...the girl has definition.
Selfie in the back of the van on the way down to Groesbeck
Mimi got to meet her 8th great grandchild
Lola photobombed the boys playing (they were taking a break from running around the church getting hot and sweaty)
This picture is just missing Emily, Kelsey and Aaron. This was the day that Grayson saw Matt put on the pink shirt and he said, "Dad, you are a real man." While Matt was not grilling hamburgers at the time, I found it a very timely comment.
Fun with Tia at Happy Hour
Night time playground fun at the Klyde Warren Park
The place was crawling with kids
Grayson got a little dizzy
And we ate dinner from food trucks that surrounded the park
The kids enjoyed the outside book library too.
The next day we cooled off in Ft. Worth before heading back to Amarillo.
No comments:
Post a Comment