Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Boys will be boys

We had a fun week with some old friends that were visiting from Alaska. Grayson could be "all" boy without the repercussions of little girls crying. The boys rode bikes, played tag, buried each other in sand.

And the girls had mani/pedi time...
I miss my sweet friend Julie and her family. She was my first friend in Amarillo and we had our first babes about the same time. I hope to visit her in Alaska someday soon. Saying goodbye was just like reliving all those sad emotions all over again. I didn't like that but it was good to see her. I wonder what these boys will look like next year.
Grayson wore the sweatshirt that he cut the sleeves off of. I got so mad at him when I found the discarded sleeves. Then I realized that he's the one that wears the sweatshirt and he's pretty proud of his style.

This weekend we had a quick trip to Denver (our last one of the summer). Grayson watched E.T. on the way up and was surprised that it was in color...apparently Matt and I are older than we think. They also watched Little House on the Prairie and during the episode where Laura sells her pony selflessly to buy her Mom a stove, Matalley spoke up and said she would NEVER sell a pony.

We enjoyed a trip to the botanical gardens to see an exhibit by Chihuly. The kids mostly enjoyed the little water feature with cousin Janie. It was my favorite part too. Janie played with Millie
 and the others built a dam.
 Family Photo op
 Chihuly made some amazing works
 Should have posed this as Millie's hair
 I think it would be beautiful to see at night with lights
 Grayson wanted to know why he posed like this because it just didn't make sense.
 Then he found a pond and searched for frogs
 Of course he found some...what little boy can resist?
 He put them on the lily pad
 And thought it was pretty darn cool

Always wonder what they are thinking...Grayson was probably debating about looking for more frogs or getting in trouble.

And then it was time to go home. Quick trip and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

No comments: