Friday, August 22, 2014

Older Brothers

Older brothers can be super sweet and then downright ornery. When I was little Brady was stuck playing orphanage or restaurant (though we gave him parts like trashman or valet) so it cracks me up that the girls are stuck playing cops and robbers or army men...
Lola is not a very convincing tough guy.

We celebrated Matt's birthday at home with a few of his faves.
I've tried to get the kids on a schedule this week before school starts and have failed utterly. Late nights and lazy mornings mean the second and third days of school will be very difficult. We're just trying to pack the last bit of summer in. Swimming lots, eating late lunches (yesterday it was 3) and then later dinners and trying to walk or ride bikes after. Lola works off the little that she eats by riding her bike like a Flinstone car. I get so emotional this time of year, not wanting summer to end but looking forward to structure and some downtime. My baby boy is turning 9 and that makes me sad/happy too.

No comments: