Tuesday, September 2, 2014

End of week 1 and start of week 2

We ended the first week of school with a visit from Yiayia and Bompa. The kids set up the house as a hotel, with check-in, guest signature, hotel keys and a bell boy. The guests were kind enough to leave a comment card with a tip for the 3 concierges. We spent most our time at home but enjoyed a Baylor win and are grateful to have 2 new fans installed. We are just a few replacements closer to getting rid of all this 80's decor that was my house. Millie is crawling now though she does face plants after each little skooch. She is still all smiles and wants to be wherever the action is. She did not take great naps while our guests were here but I caught her catnapping a few times (and Bompa too).


Thanks for coming Mom and Dad!

The first day back of the second week included Lola's first day at MDO.
It was a stark contrast to last year's drop off...Lola did not even linger near my hand this year and was all smiles when I returned to pick her up. I asked her what she did at school and she replied, "I went to the bathroom." With further probing, she also talked to Paisley and Kinsley and ate her lunch. But then when I unpacked her lunch, I discovered, she only ate a few chips. Then tonight while I was feeding Millie, Lola decided to snack on some chocolate cake (with her fingers...there are hand streak marks all through out the frosting). So chips and cake filled her up today. Tomorrow will be so fun.

No comments: