I like decorating. I like putting the same decorations out for the same holidays and the memories each decoration elicits. I love how excited the kids get when they recognize something from the year before. It's traditions that connect us to our past and give us something to look forward to the next year. I'm sad when the holiday passes and we have to put the decorations back in the holiday bins. The house seems so sparse when Christmas decorations are put up and less cheerful when the birthday banners are put away. But I look so forward to putting Easter décor away. Why?
I do not love plastic Easter eggs or Easter grass. We have a big bunny that stores plastic eggs. I have 4 kids that like egg hunts. I spend the majority of March and April picking up eggs and grass from the floor and other crevices two feet from the ground. I pretty much detest those little plastic, breakable, rolling, missing one half, static dog hair collecting, annoying eggs. Sadly, I cannot get rid of them because the kids count on them every year for games of hide and seek. They take turns hiding them, they ask us to hide them; it is countless hours of fun. There is no candy in the eggs, they are completely empty but my kids love them. Oh the sacrifices we make for the enjoyment of our children;)
Easter includes so many egg hunts, I lose count. There are office hunts, club hunts, church hunts and neighborhood hunts. The kids enjoy a big one on our front lawn.
And then we had one at Bobo and Pops'.
Millie caught on the hunt, but really liked the filled eggs best.
Bobo had picture puzzles in some of the eggs. And then we had a yummy dinner before heading home and packing up those annoying toys. Farewell Easter eggs, until next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment