Millie is insistent on wearing a back pack too...all the cool kids are doing it. To keep me distracted, I hosted my annual Moms Cheers and Tears Mimosa brunch for 50. Chaos of that many people in your house including kids getting full use out of the playroom keeps your mind from sorrow. That last Mom left at 1:30 which was just enough time for me to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies in time for this posse to arrive home. I love the neighborhood kids cruising the neighborhood like it's 1982.
So I fill them with sugary snacks and then send 7 of them home to their parents so I can debrief with my 4. Notice Millie playing king of the hill in the back ground by herself.
The first day of school was also a celebration of our now 10 year old. His only request was an ice cream cake...delivered.To Grayson, my responsible, fun loving, athletic, intelligent, thoughtful, curious, protective, helpful, faithful, insightful and loving little boy, I love you more than you will ever understand. Your heart for service and treating others with kindness is most admirable. You are more than I could have hoped for when you were in my belly 11 years ago. (and yes, I cried a lot on the second day of school).

No comments:
Post a Comment