Friday, October 23, 2015

Garage Sales that don't happen

One thing I truly dislike about fall is finding wet vampire teeth all over the house. The pooling saliva is the worst! Halloween is a week away though so not too much longer of shuttering every time I turn the corner.

We've been in school 8 weeks now and I have yet to have our summer garage sale. I think it's due to how helpful the kids are in pricing items...

Or it could be because we've filled every weekend with football, cheerleading and soccer. The girls are in dance and Millie likes to practice the stretches with Matalley...

I wasn't quite ready for tackle but Grayson was all over it.

Matalley's cheer squad has been rooting on Grayson's team so it's been fun and Lola is quite a soccer player. Millie wants to join her most games so Millie might be a soccer stud too. Matt and I also got to go away for a weekend to Waco to see a Baylor football game too. Bobo, Pops, and Aunt Amy stayed with the kids and we enjoyed sleeping in!

The girls started MDO so I have 2 mornings a week to get grocery shopping done, date lunches with Matt and various other projects.

I love our program and the fun things they do, like crazy hair day...



Most recently I turned over my reign as LIPS chair so I am utilizing MDO in a whole new way. LIPS is a lip sync show benefitting Opportunity School. It's basically like planning a wedding for 550 people, but instead of getting gifts, you also have to put on a show with volunteers and make a $15,000 silent auction look presentable. I AM SO GLAD IT'S OVER!! That's partly the reason I've had so many posts the last few days...MDO has saved me from a messy head explosion.

In the last couple months, Millie has learned how to say No, Mine, and hit with a vengeance. Okay so maybe she's done that forever and we just haven't learned how to get her out of that habit. She and Lola are playing together quite a bit more, including pretending to be babies by crawling around on the floor and saying ba ba. She still crawls to high places with little regard for her own safety.
And messes may never end.
Dress up is always a hit at the Sadler house. Lola likes being a movie star (there are 4 shades of purple makeup under those glasses). I think this was a few days after I asked Lola what the opposite of dry was (we were doing a opposite puzzle) and she said, "not having an umbrella?"

Grayson dressed as Marty McFly for back to the future day. He specifically remembered to pull his pockets out because "all kids dress like that in the future."

No comments: