The kids made out good for Halloween. As Matalley explains to anyone that will listen, "the houses in CO are closer together so you get to visit a lot more houses." And yes, it's true when you account for all the ranch style homes in Texas that the two-story homes of Colorado are closer and thereby quicker to get more candy. We had a really good time trick or treating with the cousins and enjoying 2 Halloween fests. I was horrible getting a good picture this year but I love that they stuck with a theme and decided to be monsters.
We had a mummy, Dracula, little witch, and a spider (she does scale walls fairly easily) and Matt and I decided to be skeleton's at the last minute (thank you pinterest). The cousins were mermaids, Tinkerbelle, Goldie Locks and one of the three bears.
Yaya put together a fun Halloween Party with help from Bompa and "Aunt" Sandy. The kids kept making up new rules to the games like this ring toss that became a "drop the ring on the stick" game. Millie was especially good at this new game.
There was a short neighborhood parade
And Matalley decorated a Halloween house with help from the cousins
Trick or treating included garage party at Aunt Amy and Uncle Brady's home and at one point I caught Matalley in the corner of the yard scarfing up her haul like she was afraid I was taking it away at midnight. I only demanded a few pieces (my tax for walking them around) but let her have free reign. Thankfully, she didn't get sick. The trip home was uneventful except for this cutie eating candy corns out of her shoe...she didn't get sick either. Guess she figured it was as good a place as any. I did not tax her on the candy corns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment