Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Happy Birthday Natalley- M as in Marbles

We spent MLK weekend celebrating a happy 8 year old. She is quite the fashionista.
And I should say, mostly happy 8 year old. There were a few tears shed...girl drama on limited sleep. At one point, after I asked her for the gazillionth time to put away some toys, she said, "Mom, aren't you supposed to feel special on your birthday?" I said, "Yes, feel special that I asked you to do it instead of ignoring you."

She chose to have a few friends over for birthday celebrations even though technically, we don't host a party after 1st grade. I realized after asking 3 girls that this was indeed a party and not a small get together. I thought the celebration would be no school on Monday but I don't think my prospective teachers feel that way. (One time while playing Apples to Apples, Lola put down the first day of school for the word Great). Instead we celebrated with pizza and dress up.
 And then a cookie cake that said 'Happy Birthday Natalley" despite my description of M for marbles when giving the inscription. Matalley did not appreciate how ineptness of the cookie decorator.
 It still tasted good...Millie loved it.
 And the girls were relatively well behaved despite staying up until 1:30.
 Millie was the only one in a really good mood the next day. The girls ran a beauty parlor for the dolls and Millie played along.
 So despite being duped, I am claiming the weekend a success and looking forward to celebrating my almost 2 year old in just a few days.

No comments: