Monday, August 22, 2016

Last First Day

Blurg; it's done. Summer is OVER. The kids were up before the alarm clock to get ready for school. Lola is starting her first day of elementary and Grayson is starting his first day of the last year of elementary school. I stupidly tagged along this morning to say goodbye (normally I make Matt do it by himself but with all of them starting somewhere new today, there was no "reason" for me to stay behind and cleanup/watch a kid). Lola was so excited to do her own hair (in a short short ponytail with a butterfly barrette). Matalley didn't even want me to mention the word school to her last night because she knew if I did, she wouldn't be able to sleep. She also tried to crash prepare Lola with sight words...I think Lola knows "a" but I said it would be okay. Matalley agreed over exuberantly that Lola would be reading like a wiz by the end of the year (makes me think she might have some doubts over this statement). Grayson was ready to go but not looking forward to the lack of friends in his class.

Millie was the least prepared to leave...she cried. She started in full-time daycare so I can work more hours at the bakery and then she also would have had a terrible transition with all her sibs going away without her. I'm dreading the college years when they leave me one by one.

No comments: