Wednesday, August 3, 2016

New things, Full Life

This summer we are trying some new churches. The Baptist church is quite large, formal, and everyone sits on the aisle seats so inevitably when we are late, it is a production to move to the middle. A friend commented that we make an entrance on our late arrival (whoops!). Though the Baptists sing a few contemporary songs, Matalley commented that they don't sing it like we do (it's very traditional). We are searching for a home so it might take a while to make all 6 happy.

Millie is struggling with separation anxiety at the moment. Though it is better than it was 2 months ago, it definitely pulls at your heart strings. We just pull up to First Baptist and she starts crying. I've been singing the "Mommy comes back" song to her and though she repeats it, her grip around my neck gets tighter and tighter the closer we get to her classroom. Millie is very affectionate. She likes to cuddle and give hugs and plop in your lap if you are in a convenient spot for her to do so. Once when she was cuddling with me after waking up, she kept trying to kiss me (though at the time, I thought she was trying to lick me). I kept turning my head and finally in her frustration, she said, "I kiss you!" I call her my hot mess.
She is fearless, especially when it comes to the swimming pool. Though we started off this summer very cautious on my part (only letting her in the wading pool and being right next to her), she refused to let me "mother" her. She happily jumps in the deep end and kicks herself back to the side. She also takes some sort of swim toy with her...goggles worn on the top of her head are an accessory or on this day, she liked showing off her sunglasses.
Part of the reason this summer has been so busy is due to the number of jobs I'm trying to maintain. Just before school ended I emailed the owner of a bakery I loved and mentioned that I would be interested in helping her out if she ever needed help. 2 weeks later, she asked me to work a couple days a week. It's been so fun and I absolutely love it. The timing was perfect too as I discovered some debt that needed attending to. I figured I could take the part time work, while I looked for a full-time job. In addition, I am working for a couple non-profits writing grants for fundraising. Norwex is doing very well now that I'm a Sales Leader and so I'm trying to maintain my pay level. I was hired on by the local history museum (which happens to be the largest history museum in Texas) to help with the strategic planning process. Doing all 5, plus trying to keep the summer as normal as last summer has been very tiring. I feel extremely blessed that God has been so clear about which doors he wants me to pursue and those that he is closing. Last week, the bakery asked if I could work more full time hours which is perfect timing for when school starts. Millie will be at a daycare and there was a spot open with a lady that goes to storytime at the library when we are there. Millie will still get "out and about" which eases my state of mind (even if she screams for the first couple of weeks during drop off).

Lola is very excited for the start of Kindergarten. She is taking after her sister in her confidence with clothing choices. She also likes to do her own hair and prefers ponytails or pigtails with big bows. Last night I mentioned that at meet and greet for school, we could meet the new principal and assistant principal. Lola said she didn't need to meet them because she wouldn't be getting in trouble so she'd never see them anyway. I hope she stays as confident once school starts.

Beyond all of that, we have entertained the thought of moving to a new house. Matalley asked if Matt and I would be sharing a room or if we got a 5 bedroom house or if it would be Lola and Millie since Matalley wants her own room and assumes everyone else will too. I assured her that Matt and I would be sharing a room. The thought of prepping our house to sell, stresses me out. The last time, I just had 2 kids and the mess was just a little bit more manageable. Perhaps with school starting, it won't be terrible.

No comments: