We also had a beautiful view of Palo Duro Canyon (the second largest canyon in the U.S.) at a harvest festival. The kids carved pumpkins, played dodgeball, and rolled around in the dust after some smores.
The school harvest was just as much fun but with Matt out of town, I had a tough time keeping up with all the kids. Bobo and Pops thankfully kept Millie so I only had to chase after 3. I managed to snag a picture of Lola but this is about all I saw of her all night.
We had a fun birthday celebration with Pops. Millie is really into saying what she likes. So when I mentioned we'd make a cake, she said, "Ooh, I like cake."
She also likes pacis, sunglasses, and ice cream...October also brings LIPS, one of my favorite non-profit fundraisers in Amarillo (there are a LOT of fundraisers). LIPS benefits Opportunity School, a head start preschool for low income families. I serve on the board and get to do the decorations for the tables at the lip sync show and dinner. We had a billboard top 40 theme this year and I found a gazillion records to use as placemats. These 2 ladies have the most compassionate hearts in all of Amarillo...lucky to have them as friends and willing participants in my slave session to get the tables done!
Both Millie and Lola got to go the pumpkin farm this year with school field trips. I kept having flashbacks to last years broken leg incident. But they both survived without incident and had fun to boot.


No comments:
Post a Comment