The night before we had a trunk or treat in our neighborhood. We were going through wigs and I somehow convinced Matalley that a devil would not be appropriate for the church function. I also found a whoopee cushion costume for Grayson that seemed a little less last minute than a soccer uniform he wears for actual games.
Millie cracked me up with that wig. For the actually day, I joined Grayson at school for lunch and learned that almost all the boys in his class were going as soccer players. Guess that's what you do in 5th grade but at least Grayson didn't act like I was forcing him to be a fart. Lola was asked to dress like a storybook character so she chose Little Red Riding Hood.
I thought she would change into her other costume but she was happy with her hood. So we ended up with a little fart, a good devil (I argued with Matalley that the devil is not good but she said she was), little red riding hood and princess Belle (minus a wig).
We enjoyed our traditional jack-o-lantern stew and then so much candy, I had to threaten to throw it out if I found one more wrapper on the floor. Millie likes candy. And huge praises that Grayson didn't cut off his arm while carving these pumpkins. Fart costume or no, it would not have been funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment