Sunday, February 19, 2017

Happy Birthday Millie!


Millie is 3. She has FINALLY given up the paci. And it really wasn't all that bad but I kept thinking she'd be potty trained first and well, she is not so willing to give up a diaper. So that paci was easier to take away. I love this sweet girl who gives great hugs and kisses and tells me "I love you so much."  She is wild and crazy and into everything and will probably be the kid who sticks a fork in the outlet. But I love her no fear can do attitude and she is certainly loved by all her siblings who take her under their wing to read stories and put on shoes and snuggle when she doesn't want to stay in her own room. The morning of her birthday she came waddling into our room and climbed up in between me and Matt. I whispered, "do you know what today is?" And she whispered back, "It's my birthday." She was so excited for cake (particularly chocolate) and balloons and the birthday song.

So we made sure to include all 3. Bobo came up to celebrate and we face timed with Aunt Krissy, Uncle Andy, Jane, Henry, and Louisa. And she got a funny birthday video from Molly and Ellie.
Bompa and YiaYia called earlier in the day and Millie just beamed as they sang her Happy Birthday as we headed to her 3 year check up.
She was especially happy that she didn't get a shot.
And then Ms. Jennifer and gang sang to her as well. Ms. Jennifer gave her a baby doll that she adores (she likes to feed her and give her a paci). 


We held her jungle party the following weekend. With a few friends we managed to appease Millie Tiger and her wild ways. She still likes to call herself Millie Tiger (as in, people at the grocery store say "Aren't you a cutie pie?" and she responds, "No, I'm Millie Tiger, rarhhh!"
She requested a car dinosaur cake. Normally I make the birthday cake but with a request like this, I felt a bakery would pull it off better than me. I was thinking jungle theme safari car with  a dinosaur or maybe jurasic parkesk like cake.
Instead, I got this...some jungle leaves with a pink car and a good dinosaur. I decided to add a few jungle like toys and call it good.
 Millie seemed pleased though and our family friends were kind to go along with our jungle theme. Pizza, fruit and marshmallows. (Millie says, "I like marshmallows."
  They added a fashion show to our games/activities.
 And Millie was happy with her cake.
 Thankful for these families that share a love for Millie.
I'd say she was well loved that day. I found this gem (photo credit to Matalley) and it just makes me smile. Millie plays the part of the 4th extremely well. Happy Birthday Millie!

No comments: