Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Peek in my Week

Grayson and Matt joined a group at church for a father/son retreat skiing this weekend. I find it ironic that Grayson's first time skiing was in New Mexico instead of Colorado. I think he absolutely loved it and he is exhausted.
As for the girls, we spent the weekend at home trying to catch up from the week. Millie creates absolute chaos so in reality, we spent the weekend trying to catch up with her. At one point, the series of chaos that she created tied me up for several hours. It started while I was in the shower. I learned that one should never ask if the fish has been fed if Millie is within earshot.

She dumped half the container of fish food into the tank. While I was cleaning the tank, she managed to escape outside through the garage, barefoot. Matalley found her outside at the front door crying because the door was locked. So while I was cleaning mud prints off the floor she decided to go potty not in the potty and then grabbed some wipes to clean it up...it made a bigger mess of course. So then I had to give her a bath. After her bath, while I was cleaning the bath tub up from the explosion, she grabbed a few puzzles from the puzzle closet. Well, really, she grabbed all of the puzzles and proceeded to dump each one. One nice big mix of puzzle pieces on the floor. At some point she opened my drawer of oils and spilled an entire bottle of anointing oil (Rose of Sharon) so my room smells strongly of a baby powderesk scent. After burning the rice, we ended up at Fuzzy's. Photo sums up our Saturday pretty nicely. With Millie, I can't even.
I try not to post ALL the chaos for fear of giving CPS good fodder some day so this is a small peek at what life with 4 is like. It's a good thing we had Ash Wednesday service to carry us through the weekend. I love knowing that these little inconveniences don't matter in the long run.


No comments: