Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring Break, part 1

When Bompa is turning 65, you show up to celebrate. Despite Matt not being able to go to Colorado because of work (such poor timing from his clients), the kids and I made the trek to Denver whilst pushing back memories of Trinidad. Thank you that we made it with no problem and were able to enjoy lots of family time.

Though it was spring break, I did not let the kids slack off. STAAR tests are just around the corner so I forced them to do research projects, reading, science and math. For instance: the addition of Jimmy means 11 grandkids. There is 1 boy in each family. And the boy happens to fall within the birth order of the parents (oldest for me, middle for Krissy and youngest for Brady). If you take the number of people in the picture below and divide by the number of wine bottles on the table and then subtract by the number of people wearing hats and then multiply by the number of plates you see, you get the number of people in the Sadler family. What is Bompa's birth order? I think this is an excellent STAAR test question.
When I was little, Bompa would entertain us at restaurants with magic math like the equation above. (((15/3)-2)x2=6) but I don't think he ever went completely off topic like the STARR tends to do. I do not like the STAAR. I do like Bompa and I like how patient he was with the grandkids.
The girls put on a fashion show for us
And, of course, we had some cuddle time with Jimmy.
He was so cute
And so little...you forget how quickly they change.
Louisa lost her youngest cousin slot but still has a loving audience.
 And we ended the night with a dance party...
The next day was filled with a museum visit with YiaYia to learn about the Vikings
and a trip to the zoo to see the baby giraffe and new Tiger exhibit.
A bonus at the zoo was watching the penguins eat an evening meal and we saw a very active hippo. He came out of the water a few times to show his teeth and then moved completely out of the water to use the restroom. Millie commented that he should not have gone outside but should have used the potty. I don't think the kids will forget the hippo pooping.

We were sad to leave Colorado since we had such a great time but we had more spring break travel experiences awaiting us.

No comments: