Saturday, July 1, 2017

More of the Last Days

We had a busy last day of school. I think I should have just taken the whole last week of school off rather than all the back and forth between programs. The last day included Matalley saying, "This is Grayson's last day ever to be dropped off at the front of Sleepy Hollow." (That was said with all the empathy she could muster; so much so that I cried as I drove away).

I came back a few hours later to watch Grayson in the talent show. He performed 2 acts and then a song with all the 5th graders. It was funny and sweet and emotional all at the same time.
Grayson's one act play was written, starred and produced by these 3. They spent hours writing the script and rehearsing the 45 second show. It was a comedy and received well by the audience.
I will miss seeing these three hanging out next year. Caitlyn is moving to another city. Fun while it lasted...
His second skit was a synchronized swimming routine with 15 other boys (mostly his basketball team) and also well received. They ended the day with a farewell song to Sleepy Hollow, the release of wish balloons and a parade walk to say goodbye to all the other students. (They did not have farewell speeches so Grayson was saved from further embarrassment from his blubbering mother). In my defense, he IS wearing a swim cap with a tuxedo shirt so I'm not sure why I'm the embarrassment. I will miss this stage immensely. He still lets me give him a kiss on the cheek in public and says hello to me in the halls and will talk to me about most things. Hoping among all hope that it doesn't change.
If it does, I still have 5 years of this little one to look forward to at Sleepy Hollow...
After these final minutes, the kids joined Bobo and Pops for a celebratory lunch and then we were off to Denver for the weekend.

No comments: