Our trip to Denver was quick. Work has definitely interfered with my ability to stay for longer visits. The fun factor has not been interrupted though. With Brady and Amy so close, we walk or ride the golf cart over to visit the cousins.
Molly and Ellie turned 6 while we were there so we had a Moana/Troll birthday party. Brady was in charge of outdoor recreation and the relay races were a hit.
Amy made yummy fruit shakes in cute pineapple cups that were personalized.
And Millie stayed out of trouble.
The littlest cousins were entertaining and have not learned to avoid me yet. I'm assuming Louisa will figure that out within the year.
Jimmy was all smiles.
We got home and started summer with a basketball camp for Gray, volleyball camp for Matalley, and some Bobo time for Lola. Millie's schedule stays the same though we get to go the pool when I get home instead of watching the kids do homework. The following weekend was rainy so we sorted through a gazillion school supplies. I convinced Matalley to throw away half of what she brought home. I love that her teachers get rid of all their extra papers, but Matalley's interest in teaching means we bring the majority of it home so that she can play school. Trying to negotiate using logic ("your teacher didn't want it so I don't think you need it either") doesn't really work.
I know the additional schooling won't interfere with our summer. And about the time that school starts, I will find an empty trashcan that needs some lovin' for the rest of the extras.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment