Our week without the kids in July passed quickly. I had grand ideas of date nights to restaurants we've been wanting to try and no littles ruling my days but I was dazed and confused. Millie stayed in Texas to entertain us and we managed to "redo" all the kids rooms which left little time for anything other than take out and late nights painting. We went back to CO maybe more tired than we were before.
I did get to celebrate my birthday with friends while Millie stayed with Bobo and Pops.
And the kids were not missing us a bit. They enjoyed time with all the cousins, aunts, uncles and super YiaYia and Bompa.
Grayson spent the week at a day camp for the avid adventure sports fan. He canoed
biked,
and climbed while the girls played and baked.
We drove up on a Thursday, took the kids to the Colorado museum,
went to a Jack Johnson concert at Fiddler's Green (post Valentine's, early anniversary gift),
walked with my college roomie,
went to a birthday party for Louisa
and then headed back to Texas to pack for the big kids to go to camp. Fast and Furious and onto the next thing. The kids were not so excited to head home.
I totally get it. It's how I feel every time I leave CO.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment