I look forward to the summer and READING. I like reading year round, especially in my big chair with a hot cup of tea, BUT with the kids, summer reading is more fun because we can go to the library whenever we want, we can stay up late because we don't have school the next day and the library offers an awesome Summer Reading Program. (Barnes and Noble does too). We usually try to read at least one family book during the summer. Is it everyone's favorite choice? No, but they do listen intently one chapter at a time. We've read Fudge, SuperFudge, Best Christmas Pagent, My Father's Dragon, Paddington Bear, etc. This summer we read 'The Secret Garden' and even Millie understood parts of it. It was great. My favorite is catching them reading together...
I have good memories of library runs with my mom and sibs when I was little. I'm glad that even in the digital age, some things haven't changed. At the end of the reading programs, the kids were each able to select a brand new book. 2 new books in exchange for reading is a win win. Even Lola's teacher said to me that Lola must have read a lot this summer. May they always have a love of reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment