Tuesday, November 7, 2017

6Flags Family

We took advantage of our 6 flags season tickets (thank you Bobo and Pops) this summer. We decided to take a quick trip to Dallas the last weekend of July. (I know, WHO goes to Dallas to spend all day in the sun?). The kids wanted to go to Hurricane Harbor and since it was their only shot, I relented. I knew as soon as I saw the signs posted at every pool entry about not entering if you had diarrhea, it was a mistake. My germaphobe tendencies took over and I had to use all my energy/focus to not throw up in the swimming hole. Water parks are a little like Walmart sightings with a lot less clothing.
Thankfully, we only spent the first half of the day at the waterpark. We left just after lunch for a shower and a late lunch at Steak and Shake before heading to the amusement park.
We spent a large amount of time at the mini roller coaster. One of Lola's faves.
Millie was the thrill seeker. I think she would have gone on the loopty loops if she had been tall enough.

 Millie insisted on standing next to Daddy just like Daddy.
 For some reason, the kids like nasty water that a bunch of sweaty people have touched. It makes no sense to me.

 Sporting Colorful Closet shirts all the way from Amarillo...
 We rode this roller coaster a million times. My head hurt at the end of the night and I was thankful for a clean shower before bed.
We had a hot sticky fun day and went back the next morning for a few hours before heading home. 
It was a summer of 6Glags and fun.

No comments: