One thing I am grateful to have passed on to the kids (there is plenty that I'm not happy about) is the love of swimming. Thankfully our town club membership includes access to 2 fun pools. It was a quick stop at home most days after work this summer to pick up the kids and go swimming. I don't know if they'll be on the swim team but they are little fish...even Millie. And of course they love it even more when we have friends that join us.
And with Millie potty trained, I wasn't as "on-call" as I have had to be. The season of being in the pool the whole time my kids are in the pool is over...11 summers and now it's done. Those changes are bitter sweet. I'm sure I will enjoy catching up on a book or chatting with other Moms now that I don't have to be right there but it is something I know I'll miss too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment