Saturday, May 12, 2018

Merry Christmas!

We were very intentional this year with advent and had a nightly devotional every night that we didn't miss...well until that last week before Christmas. The multitude of events and cold weather and extra tasks made for late nights and missed time together. Matt was working extra hours all month trying to get all of his clients needs finished up before the new year. This is what my bedroom looked like the entire month of December...
Our Christmas card took on the theme of one of my favorite childhood books (Simple Pictures are Best) so the kids posed with stuff that symbolized their likes/dislikes/accomplishments. I'm pretty sure I got cards out before Christmas this year.
FBC put on a nice pancake breakfast the morning of choir rehearsal for the Christmas production so that we didn't have to worry about anything but getting up that morning.
And even though Millie was too little to be in the performing choirs, she still managed to entertain (no she can't read yet).

The kids finished out basketball, soccer and volleyball season.
You will notice that my child is missing from this photo. I'm guessing we were on our way to a volleyball game or some other year end event (or Lola was in the bathroom). I don't have Matalley's photo. I'm guessing some other Mom took those. (Insert rolled eyes)
That's what happens when your schedule is overrun...just hang on and enjoy the ride. Grayson had his end of year choir and band concerts for school. We were happy that band decided to showcase each instrument individually to limit the number of evening performances. We were also pleased that one of Grayson's best friends was in percussion with Grayson, you could tell they have a lot of fun in class together in a healthy competitive way. After the performance, Grayson's band teacher told us that he really loved having Grayson in his class and something about stunting his growth or desire for sports so that he would stick with music. It was sweet and such a welcomed comment, especially when we thought he might be in trouble with talking to his friend.
There were lots of end of year parties too. Matt's office is good to include the kids. Millie requested a Minnie Mouse cash register and a doll (because she doesn't have enough...insert eye roll) and Lola requested a hatchimal and flipizoo.
I think I wore this blouse to 5 parties in the span of 2 weeks and I haven't worn it since. It was retired with the end of the year.
And that's a wrap on end of year events. It was kind of like my bedroom the entire month of December and then you put it all away until the next year.

No comments: