Yea for basketball! We flew to Denver this past weekend and attended some tournament games. All were blowouts but it was still fun. Can you believe they made us buy tickets for Matalley? Not sure that she got much out of it, but hey, she has ticket stubs for her scrapbook and got some good cuddling time in with her Bompa, Yiayia, Aunts, and Uncles. She is talking up a storm...seriously vocal little girl.

And we had a wonderful Easter too. I love the message of hope and springtime is so beautiful. The tree out front is already in bloom. Tulips will follow:)

Grayson had so much fun with his cousins. He talked about them lots yesterday and kept asking to go to their house. He thinks if he whines sweetly with please that I'll give in despite the fact that it isn't a 5 minute drive. He is doing really well with the potty training...a couple of accidents, but I'm so proud of him. His favorite song right now is "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash. He has the "down, down, down in a burning ring of fire" part memorized so I'm sure he'll repeat it somewhere...what will people think?:)
Tonight I'm hosting an adventure dinner with some friends. Once a month we get together and everyone brings a dish that they have never made before. The nights are themed and then we share the recipes. It's a great way to try new foods and you don't have to worry about your family not eating it. Our theme tonight is "go green" so I guess that means I can't use the paper plates and napkins...ha, ha. I probably shouldn't pick colors again because it could be a gross looking meal. I'm making an avocado and green pea hummus and mint iced tea. I'll let you know how they are.
Here are a few more pictures from the weekend...
Pompa dancing with Matalley:

Grayson and Bompa looking very snazzy:

Yiayia, Yaya, and Matalley getting ready for lunch...

Emily and Matalley hanging out. Too bad for Emily that Matalley came second. I think the boys grate on her nerves.
2 comments:
Cute pics & love the adventure dinner idea. I will have to try that! what are some other themes you have done?
Yeah for Grayson! It is so great when it all clicks & they "take ownership" of the potty!
Ring of FIre is pretty tame compared to my song at that age. Have you heard the Undercover Angel story? Get Mom to tell you if not. Let's just say it wasn't the most appropriate song a little girl should sing for the pulpit committee coming to interview her dad to be their new pastor!
Looks like ya'll had a fun weekend.
Post a Comment