Friday, March 14, 2008

Memories

Grayson is napping. Even though Grayson may not want to go to sleep, he does a really good job of staying in bed once he's asleep. In the morning, he won't leave his big boy bed until I go and get him. He just calls out to me..."Mommy, it's light, it's light Mommy." I call him and say, come here and yet he won't get out of bed until I go get him. It just makes me wonder what is going through his head...what stops him from making his escape?

I have missed out on almost 2 years of funny memories with Grayson. You'd think I would have been really good about keeping up with his baby book but unfortunately there are just a bunch of sticky notes in a drawer in his room and I know lots of notes are missing that I forgot to write down (just like the one above). Just so that I don't forget some more, here are some other things he's said that crack me up....

1. I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay (said when he was scared of something)

2. Don't know (response to pretty much any question I ask and then he'll give me a real answer 5 seconds later...another stall technique while he thinks of an answer, I guess)

3. What's that baby doing?

4. Asking Bompa if he would like to "pet" Matalley

5. Yaya and Bompa live in Colorado Airport

6. If he is in trouble, he says that "you're not being nice" or "you're not being my friend."

He is also really into memories now. He asked me yesterday if I remembered going to the Mickey Mouse Show and if I want to do it again. He has also mentioned the firetruck and the basketball game this week. I wonder how long these memories will last and if I need to give him sticky notes to write them down:)

No comments: