Thursday, April 24, 2008

Layovers

Have you ever had a layover with a kid? How about 2 in one day and then 2 days later, 2 more? We survived 6 flights in 3 days. My kids are the absolute best kids ever...no major meltdowns, no potty accidents, kept to nap schedules pretty closely. I am so impressed...I'm also exhausted from lack of sleep, lots of tears, and late nights chatting with family, but it was a good trip. We went to my Aunt's funeral in Ohio and revisited places I spent lots of summer vacations. The amazing thing about family is the common bond that unites everyone despite the time lapse between visits. I hope that the kiddos will cling to that bond as they grow up. They certainly enjoyed all the attention this week.

Some photos from the last few days...

Courtney with Matalley (The last time we were together was when Courtney was a flower girl in my wedding...she's all grown up now).

Grayson loved the ice cream.

Grayson loved hanging out with Uncle Todd.
Uncle Jim holding Peggy Sue (as Aunt Ellie called her)
Taken during one of our many layovers, such a happy baby.

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

I can't believe that's the flower girl littel Zack danced with at the reception....my how time flies.

Family is so special!

Susan said...

It is sad to hear of the loss of your sweet Aunt! What a turkey of a time with the lay-overs! Matalley is so sweet! And, I am sorry for not knowing when I stopped by on Monday!!!!! Your Aunt must have been wonderful person to know!!!