Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Grayson!

For the past month Grayson has been saying "I'm 2, but I turn 3 on my farm birthday in August." So we had a farm birthday party for him in the backyard. It wasn't until his nap that he realized he had turned 3. Matt was telling him a story of a little boy who turned 3 and Grayson said, "I turn 3 on my...hey, I'm 3."

Bobo, Pops, Tia, Yiayia, Bompa, Cooper and Kali (along with their parents) came for the celebration. He did a pretty good job of telling people thank you after opening up his presents, but I could tell that he understood what thank you met when we were writing thank you notes. I wrote out the note and let him color a picture on the card and as he colored I told him what we were thanking the addressee for. I would say, "this card is for Tia, she got you the cool sandwich stacker game" and he would get all excited and say "ooohhh, thank you." like he really got it.

The one thing that really made me laugh (sort of) happened Friday. I spent Grayson's naptime making his birthday cake. It took a while to get the layers just right and of course I'm thinking Grayson is going to be so excited when he wakes up to see the barn cake. He walks in and starts crying because there is no cow on the cake...just a horse and sheep. Oh, brother.
The kids had a few horse races and everyone was bucked off at least once.
Matalley was my little lamb...

The John Deere pinata would not break

Here is the cake that caused such a ruckus the day beforeWe enjoyed Yiayia and Bompa's visit too.

3 comments:

lil' mama said...

Happy B'day Grayson! Sounds like the party was fun!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Grayson! Isn't it great to be 3?!

brickmomma said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

3 was hard for us.....good luck my friend :)