Friday, August 29, 2008

Reasons to Smile

Today is a rainy day and puts me in a reflective mood. I have lots of reasons to smile. The best part of my days at work are picking the kids up from daycare. Matalley smothers me with slobbery kisses and Grayson runs to me to give me a hug. Oh to be loved!:)

Yesterday morning, Grayson was upset in the car because Matt had given me the newspaper. Gray kept saying that it was for Daddy, even though I told him Daddy was just letting me borrow it and I read it every morning. Then I realized that the reason he was saying it was for Daddy was because there was a small picture of a football player on the front and everyone knows, football players are for Daddy's only:)

Matalley has started pulling herself up into a sitting position after being on the floor in crawl position or on her back. So that means we are even closer to her being completely mobile and self sufficient on that front...makes me tear up a little. I'm not ready for her to grow up so fast.

Grayson has requested the Tale of Peter Rabbit every night this week. I think Grayson likes the book so much because he identifies well with Peter:) It makes me happy to oblige because it reminds me of my trip to the Lake District during my summer abroad when I got to see Beatrix Potter's home and purchased the lovely little classic. Who knew that I would marry Matt after meeting him on our travels and that the book I purchased would be to read to our son?!?!

1 comment:

Shelley Roberts said...

I certainly would have never guessed it! :-) Such great surprises life has in store!