My little breakdancer:
Monday, September 1, 2008
Nursery Pagings
Yesterday morning, I had to wake Matalley up in order to get ready for church. I leaned over her crib to give her a kiss first and with her eyes still closed, see reached up to feel my face. I guess she figured out who it was, because she smiled before opening her eyes. It was so, so sweet.
My little breakdancer:
I am utterly confused that she has yet to make it through an entire time in the church nursery without the staff paging me to come rescue her. Matalley is 7 months which means she's been placed in the nursery for at least 4 months. She's in daycare so it's not like she can't handle being away from me. The nursery staff is great...all but one of the teachers are the same as when Grayson was in the nursery. We usually make it through the music, announcements, passing of the offering plate, and scripture reading. But as soon as the message starts the little pager starts vibrating. I'm worried it's going to become a permanent habit, and Matt and I will never get to enjoy a message together again. I've tried staying in the nursery to help her adjust, leaving her there (paged 3 times that Sunday), and nursing her right before so that all they had to do is rock her to sleep. I am open to suggestions.
My little breakdancer:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, do you consider it cruel to let her cry? Maybe if she just has to tough it out and cry on Sunday she'll get over it??? Will the workers just not let her cry? I don't know what to tell you - sorry!
How was Matalley in the nursery today? I have been thinking about this for several days. Jacob has only cried a handful of times when I have left him - and mostly when a specific caregiver held him in the nursery. Her perfume was very strong and I assumed that had something to do with it. So my theories are (1) she knows you are nearby and that you will come back and get her very soon - unlike daycare where it is several hours or (2) she does not like perfume or other scented-something on a particular person.
Post a Comment