Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just a Haircut

In a couple weeks, we're having family pictures made. My dear sweet Amarillo friends gave me a gift certificate for a local photographer as a baby gift for Matalley. I obviously never got around to having Matalley's baby pictures made so we decided to use it for family Christmas photos. We plan to take them outside and hopefully catch a few fall leaves in the background (Amarillo is no east coast foliage backdrop). Grayson's hair has gotten fairly long, but I LOVE all the curls. I decided to take him in for a little "trim" so that he won't look like a complete mop-head for our photos. I planned it 2 weeks in advance so it wouldn't look like he just got it, but oh, I'm so, so sad about it. The lady basically gave him a mullet (cut the curls off the top and did nothing to the side. She said she'd fix it, but I told her not to touch him...I'll take him somewhere else). I left in tears and Grayson just kept saying, "I'm sorry." Poor kid; I'm a terrible Mother. I kept reassuring him that it was not a big deal, I shouldn't have even reacted to it. I guess with all the stress of rummage, I'm just not thinking. He'll probably be traumatized now and never want his haircut for fear his Mother will turn psycho again. What was I thinking? It really doesn't look that bad and it is just a haircut. I'm mad at myself that I did it right before the pictures and now I'm mad at myself for overreacting. Blah.

Grayson is getting prepped for Santa's visit. He was looking through a toy catalog last week and pointed out a toy he wants. I told him that we should probably ask Santa for it and he said, "Santa?, Who's this Santa?, I don't know him." I explained the general concept and he has not forgotten about it. He's ready for him to come now. Then I explained Halloween and whoohoo, the next 3 months are going to be fuuhhhnn!

Matalley is almost 9 months and figuring out the world more and more everyday. She is pulling up on everything and getting into Grayson's toys (which sometimes drives him nuts). She has figured out that she can cry to get a reaction out of me and get Grayson in trouble. Sometimes the cry is warranted, but other times, poor Grayson hasn't done a thing. I can't believe the refereeing has already started.
Messy eater...she screams if I don't let her taste what I am having.
Kissing her and choking her at the same time....ah, the love:)

Aren't they cute in their Halloween shirts?

3 comments:

brickmomma said...

They both have the greatest eyes. Can't wait to see them at homecoming!!

Susan said...

WOW! What sweet kids you have!

Leslie said...

I'm sorry for the traumatizing hair incident! One day you'll be able to look back at it and laugh - a mullet?! You should take a picture to show Grayson's future girlfriends. :) Your family is beautiful, and I know the family picture will turn out great.
Hope all is well in TX ~ thinking of you.
Leslie