Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Pretty Girl!

So our lady bug is officially ONE. We had a fun party-filled weekend with a few tears on the side that it has passed by so quickly. It is just a bittersweet transition. She ate the m&m's off the ladybug cupcake, but didn't eat too much of the chocolate. Still managed to make a mess...see the aftermath. She's also taking 5-6 steps at a time, but it's still faster to crawl. I thought it was especially cute that she danced to the birthday song in her chair...just wiggles away and grins. Pops, Bobo, and Tia joined us for the festivities and we had Matalley's favorites for lunch (homemade mac 'n cheese, stawberries, and green beans).Grayson did not like that he couldn't open her presents or eat the cupcakes before we sang the birthday song but got over it quickly. Tia brought her guitar hero for us to play with and when it was my turn, Grayson said, "it's your turn to rock Mom." He got a little upset at dinner when I gave Matalley some of his food at the restaurant. I explained that it was Matalley's birthday and we were sharing the dinner. He said, "no, Matalley's birthday was lunch." I think he'd had enough of Matalley's special day. It's just hard when your 3:)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy birthday to Matalley!!! Looks like you all had a great party - love the picture of her and the cupcake, it's a classic!Leslie

Our crazy life! said...

What a sweet lady bug!

They DO grow up quickly. I try to never look back with regrets. I love each & every milestone. Mackie will be 9 next week & Ian is 3 1/2.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!