Monday, January 26, 2009

Shoot a little horse

On our way to the doctor this morning for Matalley's 12 month checkup, I had the kindermusik cd playing. I haven't paid attention to all the songs so I was surprised to hear Grayson singing along to one with the words"Shoot a little horse, shoot a little man, something something something, bam, bam, bam." I couldn't imagine those were the actual words but he was singing so loudly I had to replay it 5 times before I could hear the real words which are, "shoe a little horse, shoe a little mare, but let the little colt go bare, bare, bare." So it's okay, but i'm going to have to teach Grayson the real words before the other 3 year olds think he's in a gang.

Matalley's appointment was fine. She has fallen off the charts in weight at 16 lbs., 10 oz. but is slightly above average in height at 29.5 inches (so what she lost in weight, she gained in height). Her head circumference was 44.8. The doctor is not worried, wants me to try pediasure instead of milk during meals, but just assumes that Matalley is going to be tall and skinny. The girl eats ALL the time so I'm not concerned that she isn't getting enough food. She just has a high metabolism. She is on track for all the other milestones and I think she must have a great memory like her brother. She immediately started crying when she saw the nurse, no doubt remembering the last shots. She only got 3 today but the tears were just as sad. She perked up with the lollipop and Grayson has been extra sweet to her today.

This weekend we drove to Lubbock for the Baylor Women's basketball game and enjoyed the win with Bobo and Pops. Both kids fell asleep since the game happened to fall right during nap time. I thought it was pretty funny, although my right side falling asleep wasn't much fun.

4 comments:

lil' mama said...

Love the family pic and that your kids actually slept during their nap time! Go Mom!

Can't wait to see you and your cuties:)

Susan said...

Look at you! You look great! And, the family picture is adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wondering what Pig 'n Poke is.

Kalley said...

Pig 'n Poke: canned green beans, onion, quartered potatoes, leftover ham on bone, some spices, all in a crockpot left on low all day.