Monday, May 17, 2010

Likes/Dislikes

I don't want to put my kids into a box of what they can and can't do but going to the library for story time is pretty telling. The librarian starts off with a few songs to get the kids' 'wiggles' out. Grayson does not like this part. Today he said, "Do I have to sing the songs? I don't want to." Matalley on the other hand is in the front row, saying the lines before the librarian, and dancing along. Then the librarian pulls out 2-3 books and Grayson sits up, criss-cross applesauce and is a human statue waiting for the next line of the story. Matalley on the other hand, is up and down, back to me and walking around the other kids, and just could really care less that a story is being read. She can't wait for the coloring time at the end. And while Grayson colors as quick as he can...covering the picture instead of staying in the lines, Matalley is much more deliberate with her coloring technique. Not sure if it's birth order, gender, genetics, or what but they definitely have their likes and dislikes.

G is definitely all boy when it comes to bugs. He is my warrior for stomping on spiders and tonight when I spotted the first snail of the season, he promptly came over to it, picked it up, posed for a picture with it (of which I couldn't take a picture fast enough), and then hit it with his tennis racket sending it flying. I actually felt sorry for the snail.

No comments: