Thursday, May 20, 2010

Max and Julie

Matalley refers to Grayson as "my boy." She'll say, "My boy went over there." And it puts her way out of whack when Grayson is invited somewhere that she is not...she gets very concerned that we have left/forgotten him. I think it's cute and a good idea since he has changed his name. He now wants to be called Max (because Goofy's son's name is Max...even though we saw that movie over 6 months ago) and Matalley is to be called Julie. So far he isn't insisting that I refer to him as Max so I'm hoping he forgets about the name change (not that I don't like the new name but two names are confusing; right sissy?)

In return for Matalley's obvious concern about her brother's welfare, Grayson plays the protector and enabler roll for Matalley very well. He gets snacks for her when he is getting his own, makes room for her at storytime to sit next to him, and lets all the kids know at the playground not to mess with her. Today when she crankily wouldn't share one of her toys, Grayson said, "Fine, you are not my best friend anymore." And then 5 minutes later they were playing together. I'm reading a book called, "Mom Still Likes You Best" and it's basically real-life stories about the bond between brothers and sisters. It's an interesting read on how family, birth order, school, etc. affect the relationships siblings have with each other. I'm just praying that the bond between Max and Julie continues to be so strong.

No comments: