To piggyback off the post from yesterday, life is CRAZY! After 6 weeks of friends bringing meals (yes, I have the best friends ever!!), I am back to cooking and ugh, am I out of practice. I have a half hour to make dinner, Lola needs to eat and has a blow out diaper, Matalley and Grayson are fighting over trucks, the dogs are barking, and I have to use the bathroom. There is still a load of laundry in the washer and dryer that need to move through the process before they get moldy or wrinkled. The phone is ringing. I'm stressed about my "part-time job" and I'm trying so hard to keep it all together so that the kids don't have some freaked-out psycho to tell stories about to a psychiatrist someday; all while trying not to burn the Salisbury steak on the stove. Any amazing crock-pot recipes or pre-make pasta salad recipes that I can use are much appreciated!
My AMAZING husband is out gathering an ice chest and water for an event I'm in charge of tomorrow and Saturday. In our attempt to save enough money to redo our bathroom (the one thing that we have yet to touch in our remodeling efforts), I am working as a part-time consultant. Most of the work can be done from home but it's been a challenge with a new baby and no mother's day out. I could not do it if I didn't have such a supportive husband. I am so ready for Saturday evening and praying that I meet my boss's expectations. Your prayers are much appreciated!
I did capture a few pictures of Lola this evening. She is holding her head up so well.

She also seems to have met another milestone. My 'what to expect' book says she should be able to bring both hands together by three months and I think this qualifies.

Tonight Matalley kneeled to pray before bed and said, "Thank you, please God for Grayson to be a nice boy. And thank you, please God for (then opening one eye and looking around her room) flashlights for all the people, and for curtains to be in the right place, and for butterflies in people's rooms." Matt had to stop her at that point and help her to end the prayer or it would have gone on forever. I just keep telling myself how quickly this time goes by and so am much appreciating every little moment we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment