Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fair Season

So something ends and something begins and it makes me sad and excited all at the same time. The girls and I went to the fair this week without Grayson. Just last year, he joined in on all our fun and now I'm feeling guilty doing things without him. He asked me on Monday if we could do something fun the next day after school. I guess he misses all our fun too. I know this time with Matalley is fleeting and I should enjoy every moment but the monotony of the whining and asserting independence wears on my nerves. Then everyday I am reminded of how quickly it passes when I pick up my sweet boy from school. We opted to go to the fair a second time, so that Grayson could join us. We saw a couple of shows and visited the 4-H exhibits and animals. The baby goats tried to eat Matalley's dress which did NOT make her happy.The pirate show ended with the narrator giving every child a piece of gold (plastic coin) and telling them that it could buy whatever they wanted. That prompted Matalley to try and convince me we needed to buy an overpriced drink or some food. I won, since we had to leave for church, but Matalley was sure her gold could buy something.

1 comment:

Amy, Braden & Jackson said...

Its okay, soon enough Lola will be Matalley's little buddy and will be following her everywhere!:) ...and G will be protecting them both!