Saturday, March 2, 2013

Here We Come (DAY 2)

We spent Sunday at Legoland with Bobo and Pops.  The park was open from 9-5 and packed with people.
Most rides were 40 minute waits and little Lola could only ride one ride in the entire park.
 So we stood in the storybook line together.
 And we saw the three little pigs.
 And Lola was leery of the lego creatures
 But the ride was cute.

Every section had a park of some sort.  The kids could have played in the duplo park the whole day.



 I like Matalley as the warden.
 Oops, Lola could ride the train too...

 And she drove the tractor.
 Smelled the flowers
 Just in time for Matalley to get her driver's license.
 Lola pretended.
 Family photo op

 While the kids were in line for a ride, Lola played in the fountains
 And she got really wet.
 Here are the riders almost to the front of the line
 And they are off on the log ride
It was a short ride.
 By the end of the day, I was ready to lock them up...well Lola was asleep.

 Saying goodbye to the lego man
I was a little cranky that day due to a misunderstanding with a cashier about proper change (I am extremely disappointed with cashiers who are unable to count change back or recognize that a customer who just gave you $0.34 cents and is holding a palm full of extra change...more than enough to cover another $0.34 cents does not want $0.96 cents change back...especially when it doesn't add up correctly) and the fact that Grayson was a chicken. I took he and Matalley on the dragon ride and he literally screamed and tried to get out the entire ride (the first half of the ride is a leisurely trip through a lego castle...ridiculous!)  He was fine until he realized he had to sit by himself because I was required by legoland to ride with Matalley since she was less than 48" tall.  The chicken part applies because all rides in legoland are catered for 5-7 year olds...ALL RIDES.  He literally ran from me when I demanded he try another roller coaster...wouldn't even give me the chance to talk him into it.  So then I had to discipline him for running away which is not how I wanted to spend my time at legoland; it was, after all, only open until 5.  Good thing we had more Disney to look forward to!

No comments: