Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lies, Spring, and the WIND

Lola lied to me.  Last week I was looking for her, calling her name and wandering the house, when I spied her closed bedroom door.  I knocked before entering and the little pot was quickly throwing her pacifier back in the crib.  I asked if she had been using her paci and she said "no."  I gave her a warning glance and she started to cry.  So sad:(  It's a rule that she only use it in the crib but lately she's wanted it beyond those stipulations.  I guess she's resorted to sneaking it since I won't give in.  When the other kids were at this stage we just took the pacifier away completely but I just hate taking away something that provides comfort.  Anyone know a college kid who still uses a pacifier?

I was able to go to Colorado last weekend to help Mom and Dad pack up some more for the move (which was emotional...Mom doesn't want to take things she doesn't need so it's a lot of sorting and getting rid of things I remember from my childhood, like this sign),

spent time with my nieces (here are 2 of the three refusing to put pajamas on but they do it so sweetly),
said goodbye to the Parr family before they move to Las Cruces, NM,
and helped bottle some Ruby Trust wine (Brady is giving me the spiel and I don't have any of me bottling because he is a slave driver...I did not want to be the bottleneck;).  He does have it down to a smooth operation...way better than the first time I bottled with him and had to cork everything by hand, dip the bottle in wax to seal the cork and then hand stick the labels on not crooked!).

Matt stayed home with the kids, including a day home from work to watch the girls.  Apparently they stayed very busy with construction paper as I'm still finding small bits all over the house.  Matalley got very upset with Matt for picking all the dandelions out of the yard (though she did help him...under duress of course) because then she didn't have any flowers to give me.  Matt's only consolation was to let the kids bring some roses for me to the airport:)

We had four soccer games this weekend; not back to back, so we didn't accomplish a whole lot.  Matalley had a hat trick yesterday and Grayson is doing well playing back (I'm not happy that his coach is making him play one position because I enjoy watching him play forward) since he has strong kicks.  Lola kept shouting, "Go Grayson!"  The wind about knocked us over...so glad the kids don't play baseball in this windy weather!  We also had family pictures taken when it wasn't so windy and all cried when watching the video of the proofs, especially Matalley.  I was just sad to see my sweet kids looking so cute and realizing that they will never be this age again...I'm not sure why Matalley started crying but it was sweet.

3 comments:

Glenna Laughlin said...

Those photos are awesome! You guys are all so photogenic!

Amy Jane said...

Me and all the ladies at work who saw the pics cried too!

lil' mama said...

oh my word. Lots of tears here. Wonderful pics Kalley. :)