Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spinning round

 
Time is spinning super fast.  Lola is now 2.  We celebrated with Aunt Krissy and Cousin Janie.  For most the day, Lola referred to the birthday as Matalley's, but I think it finally sunk in about 4pm and she began saying Lola's Birthday!  She's not in the terrible twos just yet but has been extra cranky this week due to a bout with strep throat.  She has also learned to fake cry and I will try to get a video of it.  She  smooshes her lips and clamps down her eyes and then makes a pitiful wail...it's not so convincing but still makes me cater to her every need:)

Things Lola has learned to say in the last few weeks: "What in the World?" and "Matalley did it." but her favorite word is still "No."  She pretty much says it no matter what, unless it's late at night and you ask her if she wants to go to bed.  She says "Matalley did it "even if Matalley is no where to be found.  She also is very protective and gets upset when the other kids "wrestle" with Matt or tickle him and tries to pull them off of her Daddy and says "No Matalley, no hurt Daddy!" 

Two Fridays ago, we went to the Panhandle Plains Historical museum for Week of the Young Child to celebrate science day.  We met up with friends and learned about high and low pressure...Matalley can explain it to you.  We went on a tour of the pioneer village visiting the school, grocery store, and one room house with one bed.  Matalley said the settlers were mean because they made the kids sleep on the floor (ahh, modern luxeries).  After playing a while at the museum, we went to lunch...3 moms and 6 girls and the waiter said, "You are brave Moms" which cracks me up (brave would be hosting the group for lunch at my house...eating out seemed much safer to me).  We were a little late picking up Aunt Krissy and Janie which just means I'm turning into my Mother (said lovingly Mom!) and it made for the start of a typical crazy weekend.  My friends and I believe BUSY stands for Being Under Satan's Yoke and so it's our goal to not be busy and yet I fail miserably.  The sad thing is I do say no to so many things.  Bobo gave me a sticky pad that says "Stop me before I volunteer again."  I've been using it lots but apparently not enough.  Poor little Janie was not use to so much activity and wanted to stay awake for it all:)  We had fun participating in a walk for kids with heart defects, shopping, and Best of Texas (see pics).  I was sad to see my sis and little niece go but glad they were here for a visit!

Matalley is on her final days of pre-k.  She makes me laugh and cry and seethe with frustration almost every single day.  Last week, after asking her repeatedly to pick up and put her shoes on before church with a warning time of 5 minutes and 1 minute, I backed the car out of the driveway and locked the doors.  Matalley and Grayson were still outside playing (actually they were rolling in the dirt with bare feet) and the outside toys were not put away.  I told them they were on their own and I wouldn't be doing anything for them anymore.  While I did receive an apology (enough of one that I said I would at least drive them to church but they'd need to negotiate with their Dad to get back home), I didn't retract my statement completely.  The next morning, Matalley came in asking if she was "still on her own." She also said we should have named her Jessica because she likes the song so much.  Then after thinking about it for a minute, said "No, they should have named the song Matalley!"  Oh how I love her so.

No comments: