The last 2 weeks have been a doozy. Pops went into the hospital with chest pain and had bypass surgery a week later. I imagine he and Bobo are quite bored with the hospital rooms and sadly we could not visit as the kids are not allowed in the CCU. Matt has traveled down to visit them as often as he could. We are very thankful he is on the mend and will be home soon. With our crazy schedule and traveling we have only had one normal family evening over the last 2 weeks and it has caught up with us all. Cranky crank family in the HOUSE! The most sad realization is that little Lola is embracing her twos. Normally, I think threes are the worst but she is not complying with very much these days...saying "No, I don't want to" or disagreeing with whatever you say, just for the sake of disagreeing..."Lola, you are cranky" and her response, "No, I'm not." My third trimester has caught up with me and I am not so patient, tire easily but not sleeping well, hormonal and cranky and just really not a good single parent. I am so impressed with single parents out there. I mean, they deserve major thanks/kudos.
Last week the girls and I went to a birthday party at Chucky Cheese. The girls were all over the place and I couldn't keep up so we have a few random souvenirs, like Lola taking a picture with a random girl.
They traded in tickets for candy which I guess is better than junk but made me laugh considering the full Halloween bags at home. On the way home we stopped at an out of place petting zoo in the TJ Maxx parking lot. The girls decided to spend some treat money on pony rides. Lola thought it was pretty cool.
Grayson got to go to a high school football game with a friend. Her Dad is one of the coaches so it was a very long play date. I had nothing to worry about though, they had a great time despite the cold temps and late late night.
We've started our annual Thanksgiving Thanks project and Matalley was super excited to write down the things she is most thankful for: shelter, water, and air. She came back much later to list family and friends. I am thankful for lots of things...it's a full wreath of items. One of those items is our church. I loved listening to the kids choir last weekend. Matalley didn't remember all the words but she smiled and it was sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment