Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Last Week as a Family of 5

We've been busy preparing for 2Bits birth this week...getting baby stuff out of the attic and sorting through things.  The girls are sharing a room now and I finally finished painting the twin beds.  The room kind of looks like a hoarders' house with furniture crammed into wherever we could make it fit.  We still don't have all the toys/clothes sorted but we are close.  Perhaps after 2Bits arrives I'll have more time (gafaw!).  The girls like the beds but we are still having trouble with bedtime and giggling/talking.  I have to threaten spankings which is just no fun.

This week we also went to the opening of the new lego exhibit at our science museum.  It was CRAZY busy for the opening.  If you wanted to lose a kid, that would have been the place to do it.  Ours had a grand time and are ready to go back when they don't have to share all the exhibits. 

Lola hasn't had an accident since she first started potty training herself, including sleeping through the night.  She has also created an imaginary friend named Jenny.  I find Lola talking to her often and she'll tell me stories about her.  I'm not sure that Jenny is a very nice friend.  According to Lola, she hits Lola a lot and calls her a dummy?!?! But she also plays hide and seek (Jenny hides and Lola counts), tic tac toe, and follow the leader. Lola learned a little poem about elephants at school and loves to recite it for attention.  It's very sweet the way she says, "But oh goodness, what a nose!"

Matalley did not want 2Bits to be born on her birthday so I was very relieved to make it past that date.  Odds of a baby arriving on the due date are 5% and odds of a baby arriving after the due date are 34%.  Monday was the due date so while I don't think I'll go to Vegas, being in the 34% category does make me think I should bet on something.  The kids both told their teachers that I was in the hospital on Monday and both said, "Mom, why are you here?" when I picked them up from school on Monday.  Seems like they were counting on that date too.  Matalley now knows that it's when I feel like going to the hospital that I will go, but she's very confused as to why I don't want to go now.  Soon, soon, I'm sure, sweet girl.



No comments: