Saturday, January 31, 2015

Snow Day Fun

Snow Day fun did not start off on such a happy note. With MLKjr day off, we really weren't in "I'm so tired of school, please let it be a snow day" mode. So of course when I announce that it's a snow day, the kids immediately start grumbling about the missed music day and the missed show and tell. Even Lola didn't seem too thrilled. So I sent them all outside to shovel snow (ha,ha).
We have quite a few elderly neighbors so Grayson cleared at least 4 driveways and 5 or 6 walkways. He made some money and wanted to keep going. It was a heavy wet snow, perfect for snowball fights and tall snowmen.
I made the mistake of going to the grocery store the day before the impending snowfall. Everyone thought it was going to be like snowmagedon. I just needed to do my weekly shopping trip. With all the extra people, it took a little bit longer to finish so the girls got a cookie which Millie devoured.
 
 

She was thrilled with the first sprinklings of snow and kept holding her hands out to catch the flakes. She might be my cold weather lover.


 

No comments: