While I love being a Mom, I had no idea when I signed up for this gig how much multi-tasking would be required. Ironically, I once commended myself as a supurb multi-tasker; I may have even used it on a resume or two. I am not as good as I thought I was.
Basically, Momminess requires you to focus on a task for 7 minutes or less. So I challenge anyone who is in an exceptionally good mood (don't try this during a funk or sleep deprivation phase...it's much too dangerous) to set a timer for 7 minutes. When the timer beeps, move onto another task without fully completing the first and start the timer again. If you have to use the restroom, you have to wait until the absolute last second. It may interrupt one of your 7 minute tasks but you can not go back to what you were previously doing. I triple dog dare you to try this for just one hour. Please post whether or not you completed any of the 9 tasks.
Today I think my task minutes were on a 3 minute time span. At one point, I found Lola and Millie in the tub. Millie was fully clothed...
Matalley was crying because she couldn't get the computer to work for her to do research on the life span of a cassowary (I really did tell her to make it up because "I don't care about the life span of a cassowary or how many babies it has.") and I was trying to put toilet paper in each of the bathrooms while Grayson was asking to make a quesadilla. You could also try playing 4 different ipods at once on speaker while completing your 7 minute tasks. I might add that to the second hour of the game...the next level. Having 4 kids is just loud and they like to talk even if no one is listening but you have to pay attention a little bit or you might miss one telling you she wants to take a bath and is it okay if she turns the water on.
And lest you think I'm complaining, you also get to enjoy these 7 minute tasks...
Millie is quite good at destroying a room in 60 seconds, or her latest trick is pulling herself up or into whatever she desires. It's like Abbey is back and we have to put everything at least 10 inches in from the edge of the counter or it's gone.
But I know that I will blink and they will be off to college or Europe so I will gladly accept my punishment of multitasking that leaves laundry and dishes undone and floors partially swept and made up homework facts and sticky overcooked noodles if it means I can partake in these little ones' joy for facepaint and silly songs.
We had fun at the school sock hop Friday night. Millie proved to everyone that you are never too young to hula hoop. I wish I had video of her shaking the hoop around her waist...so cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment